The 2nd Annual Ontario Natural Resources Forum will be held April 26-27, 2017
This unique conference brings together individuals from industry, academic institutions, communities and all levels of government to collaborate and explore ways to develop our resource sector, grow our economy and provide benefits to communities.
Welcome Message from Honourary Co-Chair, Chief Isadore Day, Ontario Regional Chief
I am proud to once again co-chair the Ontario Natural Resources Forum, an event that provides the unique opportunity to discuss the importance of the resource sector to First Nations and all Ontarians. The Forum provides an occasion to discuss the challenges and, more importantly, the opportunities for Ontario’s energy and resource-based economy. By working together to invest in our natural resources and grow our economy we can build healthy, prosperous communities. First Nations are fully prepared to work with the business sector and all levels of government to explore partnerships and be active participants in the natural resource economy. The Forum brings together the people who are proponents of and can be potential partners in major energy and resource developments. By working together, First Nations, Governments, and the business and the resource sectors can build and support a strong, prosperous Canada for all. I invite to join us and look forward to your engagement and participation.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning more about Natural Resource Sector-related projects and developments in Ontario:
- First Nation leadership and senior officials, as well as economic development officers and core consultation capacity coordinators
- Resource planning and management businesses
- Engineering and environmental consultants
- Economic development personnel
- Government personnel involved in resource development, planning and permitting
- Executives, project managers and staff involved in natural resource development (LNG, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mineral Exploration and Mining, Transportation, Service, Supply and Procurement opportunities)
2016 Conference Highlights:
- Photos from the 2016 event are now available here!
- We were honoured to welcome Hon. Kathleen Wynne, Premier of Ontario; Hon. James Carr, Minister of Natural Resources; and Rt. Hon. Paul Martin, Former Prime Minister of Canada among many other fantastic speakers.
Thank you to our 2016 Ontario Natural Resources Forum Sponsors:
- Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org