The 2nd Annual Ontario Natural Resources Forum will be held April 26-27, 2017
This unique conference brings together individuals from industry, academic institutions, communities and all levels of government to collaborate and explore ways to develop our resource sector, grow our economy and provide benefits to communities.
Honourary Co-Chair, Chief Isadore Day, Ontario Regional Chief
I am proud to once again co-chair the Ontario Natural Resources Forum, an event that provides the unique opportunity to discuss the importance of the resource sector to First Nations and all Ontarians. The Forum provides an occasion to discuss the challenges and, more importantly, the opportunities for Ontario’s energy and resource-based economy. By working together to invest in our natural resources and grow our economy we can build healthy, prosperous communities. First Nations are fully prepared to work with the business sector and all levels of government to explore partnerships and be active participants in the natural resource economy. The Forum brings together the people who are proponents of and can be potential partners in major energy and resource developments. By working together, First Nations, Governments, and the business and the resource sectors can build and support a strong, prosperous Canada for all. I invite to join us and look forward to your engagement and participation.
Honourary Co-Chair, Hon. Kathryn McGarry, Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry
I would like to congratulate the organizers on the second annual Ontario Natural Resources Forum. Conferences such as these are incredibly important, bringing key resource industry players and Indigenous communities together in one room. I am honoured to co-chair this forum with Ontario Regional Chief Isadore Day and look forward to participating alongside the many distinguished guest speakers and panelists in the program.
I’m always delighted to have the opportunity to speak about Ontario’s natural resources, in particular forestry. Ontario’s forestry sector impacts over 260 communities across Ontario, and our industry produces everything from lumber for construction, fibre for paper, tissues and diapers, environmentally friendly chips for biomass electrical operations and even medicines. Ontario is globally recognized for our sustainable forest management practices, ones that ensure the long-term health of our forests while supporting economic opportunities for present and future generations.
I look forward to participating during the forum and sharing ideas with you on igniting growth in our natural resources industries.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone interested in learning more about Natural Resource Sector-related projects and developments in Ontario:
- First Nation leadership and senior officials, as well as economic development officers and core consultation capacity coordinators
- Resource planning and management businesses
- Engineering and environmental consultants
- Economic development personnel
- Government personnel involved in resource development, planning and permitting
- Executives, project managers and staff involved in natural resource development (LNG, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mineral Exploration and Mining, Transportation, Service, Supply and Procurement opportunities)
2016 Conference Highlights:
- Photos from the 2016 event are now available here!
- We were honoured to welcome Hon. Kathleen Wynne, Premier of Ontario; Hon. James Carr, Minister of Natural Resources; and Rt. Hon. Paul Martin, Former Prime Minister of Canada among many other fantastic speakers.
Thank you to our 2016 Ontario Natural Resources Forum Sponsors:
- Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org